Saturday, November 28, 2009

BUYING A DIGITAL CAMERA?

If you are buying a digital camera for Christmas I recommend 3 things you should look out for - presuming the camera gives you at least 7 or 8 megapixels sized images - which most cameras are capable of now.
1. When you press the shutter the camera should respond immediately.

On some digital cameras - all brands and makes - when you press the button to take the shot there is a delay and the person you meant to photograph has already turned away...





Or you miss the split second moment...





Or you miss the woman giving my daughter’s boots a dirty look at a Monet exhibition...





2. Make sure the viewing screen is as large as possible.
So you can check more accurately that your photograph is in focus, eyes are open and smiles in position...







3. Make sure it is small enough for you to carry comfortably.  


And after that its down to cash. I'm using a Canon Powershot G11 for my street and holiday shots and so far it is working out well.


Any questions? E-mail me at langan@indigo.ie
Check out my web site at: www.eugenelangan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment